The Tesla Owners Club of Australia (TOCA) was established in March 2016 by a group of enthusiastic owners. This Club is part of the Tesla Official Owners Club program, giving us access to information, activities and discounts that we pass on to our members.
OBJECTS AND PURPOSE of Tesla Owners Club of Australia Inc. (TOCA)
- Promote the ownership, potential ownership and/or enthusiasm by Members toward Tesla vehicles and other associated products and ventures of Tesla Inc. and affiliated entities.
- Promote friendship, knowledge sharing and networking between members of TOCA on social media, and at social or other functions.
- Promote Tesla Inc.'s Mission Statement, wherever relevant for TOCA, through all and any opportunity and methods available to TOCA, as arise from time to time
- Promote and lobby, on behalf of our Members, matters of relevance pertaining to Tesla, electric vehicles, their use and cost, and other related matters, organisations or products.
- Operate as an Incorporated Club according to its Registered Rules, and, any Operational Procedures as determined from time to time by the TOCA Committee.
Our committee has (at least) seven people at any given time, including four office bearer roles as required by the ACT Association Guidelines.
The committee's office bearers are:
|President||Mark Tipping||Model S P85D (VIC)|
|Vice President||Darryl Bourke||Model S 75D (ACT)|
|Treasurer||Craig Hind||Model S 75 (ACT)|
|Secretary||James Hayward||Model S Signature 85 (NSW)|
And the ordinary committee members are:
|Webmaster||Michael Barwell||Model S P85 (NSW)|
|Mark Edwards||Model S 85 (NSW)|
|Pete Thorne||Model S 75D (NSW)|
|Adaptor Loan Program||Nick Di Paolo||Model S 75D (VIC)|
|Charging Specialist||Richard McNeall||Model S 90D (NSW)|
|Mark Sandford||Model S 75D (VIC)|
The Club runs national, interstate and local events throughout the year, including (but not limited to) drive days, get togethers, and timed trials on race tracks. Some events will have Tesla staff attending. Specific details of events are available to members. However, if you would simply like further information, please contact your state representative.
If you are interested in organising or supporting an event, please get in touch and let us know where you are located!
February catch up and drive to Sublime Point for lunch (NSW)
Sun Feb 24
Meet at St Leonards and then a drive south to Sublime Point for lunch.. ... more
Smart Building and Living Expo (Vic)
Sun Feb 24
Now in its sixth year, the Smart Building and Living Expo to be held in Buninyong on the 24h of February 2019, is an established feature of Australia’s biggest Sustainable Living Festival. . ... more
Dubbo Supercharger Opening - DATE TBD
Sat Mar 23
DATE TBD Be prepared for a rally to celebrate the opening of the Dubbo Supercharger. As we’ve all grown to know and love about Tesla – we don’t know when this will be. However, we plan on getting as many Tesla’s to the opening of Dubbo as possible showing Australia that travelling by Tesla is getting easier all the time.. ... more
March coffee catch up and drive (NSW)
Sun Mar 31
Meet at St Leonards for a coffee and drive after. ... more
Electric Vehicle Expo Inverell NSW - National Transport Museum
Sat May 4
Make a long weekend of it! The main EV Expo day is the Saturday and Motor Show on the Sunday. Options include static displays or rides (show off your Tesla), great exhibits, huge museum, and country convoy drives (depending on numbers). We will have a TOCA dinner on the Saturday night. It is also the weekend of the Australian Celtic Festival in nearby Glen Innes. Accessible from Sydney via the new Tamworth supercharger, and good options from Qld. More soon. Give me a call if interested!. ... more