NSW - Hunter Valley Drive Day
Time to enjoy a spirited winter drive through the Hunter Valley!
The day will commence from the Tuggerah Supercharger with approximately a 150km drive, including a quick stop at Wollombi Pub on the way, ending up at Peter Drayton Winery, where we have the wedding venue to ourselves for a standing lunch and drinks (wine, soft drinks or juice).
This venue is strictly limited to 100 guests, so lock in your spot now!
Lunch, coffee and tea will be provided, with bar service at your own cost.
TOCA will be covering the cost of the venue, with the per person fee covering food and coffe/tea.
Children 12 years and under accompanying Full members of the club eat free.
Standing Lunch will consist of individual serves of:
* Vegetarian spring rolls
* Fish and chips with tartare
* Mini hot dogs, mustard, sauerkraut
* Vegetarian tart
* Pumpkin arancini
* Mini sliders
* Filtered coffee and tea
Please RSVP by the 4th July.
For those concerned with range we will be starting and finishing the drive near DC charging locations!
The round trip from the Tuggerah Supercharger to lunch and back to Tuggerah is approximately 260km depending upon route.
There are two 50kw NRMA DC Fast chargers (CCS2 or Chademo) at Hunter Valley Gardens which is 9 minutes from final lunch destination, or there’s a Tesla supercharger at Heatherbrae.
Perhaps consider staying in the Hunter Valley overnight? There are some great accomodation and food options, many with Tesla Destination Chargers.
- Meet at Tuggerah Supercharger from 8am for a 9:00am sharp departure
- Take the M1 and head south.
- Take Peats Ridge Road (Somersby)
- Turn right onto George Downes Dr at Central Mangrove
- At Bucketty, head north on Great North Rd towards Wollombi
- First stop at Great Northern Trading Post for bathroom break & refreshments
- Head north on Paynes Crossing Road which turns into Wollombi Road
- At Broke, turn right onto Singleton Street which turns into Cessnock Road then Broke Road
- Turn left onto Hermitage Road
- Lunch stop at Peter Drayton Wines, 694 Hermitage Road, Pokolbin.
Given current restrictions please observe all social distancing regulations, use hand sanitiser if interacting with other members or their vehicles and please, if you’re feeling unwell, stay home. We also encourage use of the COVID Safe App.
If government restrictions dictate that the event can not ocur on the planned date, then payments will be held over to a future date when the event can proceed.
Our charging guru Nick will take you through everything you need to know about charging your car, ...