ALL STATES/TERRITORIES - Taronga Western Plains Zoo Dubbo
Experience a slice of Africa without leaving Australia, join TOCA as we experience an unforgettable stay at Taronga Dubbo Zoo.
This is our 3rd event to the zoo (read our December 2022 trip report under 'About/News' on the TOCA website Tesla Owners Club of Australia News - Our African Adventure - Dubbo Zoo and photos in the photos page Photos (teslaowners.org.au) ). We have opened the event up to all States and Territories due to its popularity - after all, why should we have all the fun!!
Rooms do book out quickly so please register for the event early to avoid disappointment. ALL ROOM BOOKINGS ARE VIA THE TOCA WEBSITE. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE ZOO DIRECTLY. We will do all the room bookings on behalf of members. The event date is Saturday 5 August 2023 to Sunday 6 August 2023. There is a total of 10 Animal View rooms and 5 Bushland rooms available by booking via the TOCA website.
Depending on interest, there may be an optional Friday 4 August 2023 staying either in town or at the Savannah Zoo Lodges with additional activities in and around Dubbo. Edited 8 Jan 2023: Please register your interest in the additional day in Dubbo (see information below) when you buy your Zoofari ticket through this webpage. It is likely a hotel in Dubbo will be booked for the Friday night for proximity to local cafes and the Old Dubbo Gaol.
Convoys can be arranged from each State if numbers and timing permit. Details for the convoys will be provided closer to the event date.
TOCA has secured an awesome discount from the zoo to their standard pricing for TOCA Members. You can't get these prices booking privately, nor can you experience a great group of fellow TOCA people.
Animal View Lodge (Zoofari) - Max 4 persons.
Member Pricing - Twin/Double per adult $439.20 & per Child (2-15) $196.20
Non Member Pricing - Twin/Double per adult $473.20 & per Child (2-15) $216.00
Bushland Lodge (Zoofari) - Max 6 persons.
Member Pricing - Twin/Double per adult $385.20 & per Child (2-15) $196.20
Non Member Pricing - Twin/Double per adult $413.80 & per Child (2-15) $216.00
Please note that the Animal View Lodge only sleep up to 4 and the Bushlands sleep up to 6 (if a family of 5 want to go into an Animal View, no additional bedding will be provided).
This wild escape is inclusive of:
- Two (2) day Zoo Admission
- One (1) night accommodation in a safari-style canvas lodge (Animal View or Bushland)
- Exclusive guided tours (Refer to itinerary)
- Dinner & Breakfast (these are amazing - the food and cocktails - WOW!!!
- One (1) day Bicycle Hire (Included on second day)
- 10% Discount at the Zoo Shop and Cafes
Please note that all rates may vary and will be locked in upon reservation and confirmation of how many adults and children will be staying.
Extra Night in Dubbo - Friday 4 August 2023 (new)
For those travelling long distances or wishing to simply see the sights of Dubbo, TOCA is arranging an extra night and day stay in downtown Dubbo.
This will allow TOCA Members to arrive on Friday 4 August 2023, check into a hotel (details TBA), and spend Saturday morning touring the Old Dubbo Gaol, breakfast in Dubbo, and relaxing before the trek to the zoo on Saturday afternoon.
This is an optional extra. Please register for the extra day on the TOCA website when you buy your Zoofari ticket. At the top of the extra payments screen, you will see an Additional Product. Please select the number of hotel rooms you may need from the list.
What is the Process to Attend
It's easy. Follow the steps below.
1. Check your calendar and ensure you are free that weekend.
2. Register for the event via the TOCA website. DO NOT CONTACT THE ZOO DIRECTLY.
3. After registration, it will take you to a purchase ticket part.
4. Select Additional Product tickets (free) if you wish to register your interest for staying Friday night 4 August 2023 in Dubbo.
5. Buy one Ticket for the deposit. Make sure you select the right Zoofari room type.
6. Wait patiently. Very close to the date, you will be emailed with final payment details and more information on the event. Note this might be two weeks before the actual event - I found Dubbo Zoo can be quite slow when it comes to providing final details.
7. ALL PAYMENTS AND BOOKINGS CAN ONLY BE MADE VIA THE TOCA WEBSITE EVENTS PART. If you have not registered and paid for a ticket via the TOCA site, you will not be included in the final room bookings and payment system.
8. All inquiries should be made via TOCA and not directly to the zoo. We are the point of contact for the zoo.
9. Close to the event date, I will reach out to everyone who is registered and confirm dietary requirements, allergies, any accommodation issues etc. A final spreadsheet with all the details will be sent to the zoo by TOCA a week or so prior to attending.
A deposit of $100 per Lodge (not per person) is required to reserve your room with the balance due no later than 15 June 2023. The deposit is made by purchasing a ticket via the TOCA registration process for this event. Just click on payment on this page and it will take you to a payment area.
For more information about the accommodation and what is included and what is not, please visit Taronga Dubbo Zoo’s website
Important Note: Taronga Western Plains Zoo is a non-profit organisation. All profits from your bookings goes to the care and upkeep of the wonderful animals in Taronga Western Plains Zoo - and don't they deserve the very best.
About Taronga Zoo
At Taronga Zoo in Sydney and Taronga Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo, we lead conservation efforts in the field and participate in regional and global conservation breeding programs to establish insurance populations for species threatened in the wild. We also operate two wildlife hospitals that treat and rehabilitate injured native wildlife, as well as providing best practice health care for the animals at our Zoos.
Taronga has a deep commitment to conservation science. In Australia and internationally, we work with universities, governments and conservation partners to respond to challenges impacting wildlife and people. We also have a proud tradition of delivering conservation education programs that increase knowledge and awareness and inspire students to become global leaders in conservation. Taronga receives support from the NSW Government and the Taronga Foundation. Established in 2000, the Taronga Foundation raises funds for conservation, education programs and wildlife in our care.