May is here and we find ourselves in strange times. Most of us have been staying home, and long drives and club events feel like distant memories now! Hopefully it won’t be too much longer before the restrictions ease and we can get events up and running again. Unfortunately, we had to postpone 15 planned events so, where possible, we will reschedule these to take place as soon as possible once the restrictions are lifted.
Keep an eye on the Events section of the Member Jungle app, or the Tesla Owners website and be sure to register your interest when we re-open event registrations.
We have a special treat for financial Full Members - TOCA caps - and we will be posting them to you shortly.
To ensure you receive your cap, log into Member Jungle or the website and check your delivery address is correct (misspellings not allowed!). Also ensure your postcode matches your suburb and State. Please update before 17th May, as shipping will begin the following week.
If you are an affiliate or partner member and would like a cap, keep an eye on our website as you will be able to purchase one in the coming weeks.
If you are interested in Tesla merchandise, we have negotiated a special deal of a single-use 20% discount on apparel purchases at the Tesla store at https://shop.tesla.com.
To qualify for the discount, send an email to email@example.com and you will receive a code that you enter at the checkout.
The Tesla store is in the US and they do not ship items internationally. You will need to use a parcel forwarding service such as Auspost Shopmate for shipping.
NATIONAL TOCA VIRTUAL GET-TOGETHER | 1pm Sunday 24th May
We may not be able to go out to attend an event, but we can host an online virtual meeting. Come along to our Google Hangout and meet the international Tesla Owners Club Program Manager, William Masterson.
William will be giving a presentation and will open the floor to your questions. Attendance is free, and you can register now on the website or in our Members Jungle app, but be quick as there are only 250 tickets available.
William Masterson is a Project Lead for the Tesla Customer Insights Team in Fremont, California. In this role, he’s been supporting Special Projects and Programs at Tesla since 2013. He currently manages the global Tesla Owners Club Program and a number of other community centred projects at the company.
Registrants will be sent a link to the event – please do not share the link as we are limited to 250 connections. Feel free to have as many people as you can sitting around your laptop participating!
We belong to an influential national club and together we have direct lines of communication to Tesla’s senior executive teams both here and in Fremont. We have the ability to champion for our members on issues and also to pass on positive feedback to Tesla staff going above and beyond. However, we don’t want to interfere in Tesla doing their work or escalate concerns unnecessarily.
We have recently agreed an escalation process with Tesla ANZ for those times when our members are dissatisfied with an outcome. Let’s step though that process:
1. Identify the issue/service requirement and contact Tesla usually via the app to book a service
- receive response or have service work done
2. Dissatisfied with response or quality of service work?
- Contact Tesla (best via email) and explain clearly the issue and what you are asking for (it is a bit hard to address expectations if they’re not stated)
- Receive response or have service work done
3. Still dis-satisfied with response or quality of service work?
- Contact Tesla (best via email), and request an escalation and explain clearly the issue and what you are asking for (again)
- Receive response or have service work done
4. Not resolved, Escalate to the club for support
- Detail the issue and outcome you are seeking
- Include details of correspondence and actions to date including the escalations to Tesla
- A committee member will review the case and will likely contact you to clarify any details – not all cases have true merit and we will let you know any concerns (e.g. don’t confuse Rated range with Typical range and think you’ve lost lots of range and need a new battery – which has mistakenly happened)
- The club will contact Tesla executive on your behalf and champion a positive and fair result with the backing of our 1000+ members and influencers.
TOCA Australia have been selected to host the 2021 Tesla Owners Global Leadership Summit. This prestigious event will be held in Sydney during August 2021, and will be attended by people from around the world. We are planning a fantastic event with special guests and fabulous speakers. We will let you know more information in the coming months – including how to register.
If you’re an experienced Event Organiser or operate an Event Management Company we’d love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
YELLOWING SCREEN AND LOCATED IN OR NEAR CANBERRA?
On behalf of the club and our ACT and regional owners, Troy Charters is looking for those who need the Yellow Brick Road fixed in Canberra so we can get demonstrate the need for Tesla to send the tool to fix the yellowing to Canberra for a short period.
So we want ACT Owners with Yellowing Screen to advise Troy and he is collating list. The club will then work with Tesla to fix our Canberra and nearby owners yellowing screens.
Please email Troy via the club at ACT@teslaowners.org.au
Do you use a smartphone? Then this app is for you!
The Member Jungle app provides a great way to keep up to date with upcoming events and news, access your membership card for member benefits, check your membership details and contact the club.
Instructions for downloading and setting up the app can be found at:
That’s all for now folks, stay healthy and safe and we look forward to seeing you at one of our events soon!
Mark Tipping (Tippo)